Thursday, September 25, 2008

Richland Two, A Student's Tale

Calling all former and current Richland two students. So I was taking a shower yesterday (dispite assumptions you may have about me, this is a fairly normal activity), and as I bathed I began to reflect.  Just as a side note, the shower is an amazing place to ponder life, and reflect on your days. Its like you get to metaphorically (and pysically for some people), wash off all that's weighing you down. It is really a theraputic place. But anyways enough ranting about my passions of moisen bathing areas.  As i bathed/ reflected, I relized that i really should start documenting all of my school stories. If you know me at all you know i have a problem with authority.  A big problem. I don't really understand it, but I like the idea of haveing some great evil or injustice that demands to be over thrown. So for last 12 years my vile imoral monster has been the public school system. I understand most people arn't as angry at "the man" as I am, but i thought it would be cool to have a collection of all the small injustices committed against us, if for no other reason than for my own selfish pleause. So if you find it pleasing, write your story down and send it this way, I really am quite curious. 

This first storie is kind of small, but it is what imidiatly comes to mind currently. There are more, and more will be comming, but for now this is it, so, enjoy:-)

09-??-08
Anatomy Class

For the sake of manners I will keep from using direct names despite my wanting to, so we'll call her (the teacher), Madam Umbridge. We have a test in two days and Madam Umbridge has neglected all usful methods of teaching save but lectures. Which in some cases can actually be informative dispite their normal nature of being extremely, extremely boring. But in this case they were not too helpful but it was actually the only information we have availiable. Well i take that back, we have coloring packets.... COLORING PACKETS!!!.... Coloring is fine and everything, its actually a lot of fun when there's nothing ells to do; but when you have a test (not that i care too much) in two days, it would be nice to actually be in the process of disscusing the contents of the upcoming test. Oh well. The day before we began a review packet for the test, but since the distrabution of the packet, we had done nothing with it. Madam Umbridge has a wonderful way of spending 40%+ of her time sitting at her desk and surfing the web. Not to helpful for us kids. So, wanting to pass the test i inquire to find an alternate method of studying for the test because for some reason coloring funny shaped bones diffrent colors didn't really help as much as i had hoped. So i approched Umbridge. "Do you think we go over that review packet from yesterday as a class and talk about whats on the test, i don't really understand all that its on?" I thought this to be a fair question but possibly im just ignorant. Anyways, i received one of those looks. One of those "death glares." The look that says "I hope you trip into a microwave and it accidentally turns on" kind of look. "No Scott. Sit down, and finish your coloring packet like everyone ells!" Umbridge demanded. FINISH MY COLORING PACKET!? What!? Ok, since when did coloring become a 12th grade anatomy standars, and since when did anyone acutally learn anything from staying inside the lines? No one at least since second grade. Here we have a student approach a teacher, asking to learn, and with out two thoughts was deniged, dissmissed, and sentanced to an entire two periods of mindless sribble. She must have been watching somthing amazing on youtube, because that's rediculous. 










Spring Valley I really want to hear about the "Vogons"!!!!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

"See through" pants anyone?