Thursday, January 21, 2010

Back at the Treat

I relize that I am terrible at keeping up with a blog.
It seems to be too big of a responcibility, so naturally the best thing to do is to start another one and keep two blogs haha.
I just started a kind of outdoor log and decided to keep it online because it may or may not be useful to others. I am really not too experianced and any of the three topics I write about (climbing, paddling, or biking) but it is what it is so if your into that sort of thing maybe it'll help. The link is

http://bolteoutdoors.blogspot.com/.



In other news, simply for the purpose of having a more recent post than my last one I'll say it's good to be back at Montreat College. I had an amazing six weeks off from school and I've just started my second day of classes today. There are good vibes floating around the air with the
hopes of a great semester! We are all very excited! My friend Rodrigo and I conspire almost everyday about all the different potential adventures we will be having this year. I'll be sure to post more as these manifest themselves into being.


Yesterday my buddy Phil and I decided to add a little humor into the world. Have you ever been camping out in the middle of the woods to take the next turn in path to find things that just don't belong? I've encountered items such as bowling balls, couches, and toilets located deep, deep in the woods.
These things make me smile and i can't
help but wonder, "how? and why!?"
We decided to contribute. Phil had an old door/door frame which we decided needed to aspire to something great. So being the clever college boys that we are, we loaded it up into my truck, and drove it to a trail head. Once there, we unloaded the door, followed the trail all the while carrying the door until we found a suitable location. Once deep enough into the forest we
settled on a location between two trees. We then continued to nail the frame between the trees until it set nicely upright by its self. Behold the Magic Forest Door! Who knows maybe one day it will serve as a portal to allow some blessed child into the world of Narnia!


No comments: